spireman
9 months ago
Booru Theme
We need some SU colors for this place, like the other main booru
su
9 months ago
I don't think it's necessary for now. And it's just the front page.
grasper
9 months ago
Is it easy & fast to do? If so, might as well do it?
spireman
9 months ago
Well I meant the background colors, something instead of the basic white not the front page theme. I would do it myself if I had access
grasper
9 months ago
Is it possible to change the counter images to custom ones as well? I'd be happy to do some art for that.
su
9 months ago
grasper said:
Is it possible to change the counter images to custom ones as well? I'd be happy to do some art for that.


I'll be happy to change them. They need to be 68x150 pixels like the current images and in .gif format.
grasper
9 months ago
Alright, cool. I'm busy for the next week or so but I'll be able to do some after that. Which characters should I go with? Also, I'll post sketches before coloring.
spireman
9 months ago
part of me wants to say the CG but if you want to be unique you could use other gems that don't get much screentime.
grasper
9 months ago
spireman said:
part of me wants to say the CG but if you want to be unique you could use other gems that don't get much screentime.


Yeah, like I could do Steven, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl for sure. And I guess Peridot, Lapis, Jasper, Connie? That leaves 2 more spots though. I guess I could do Ruby and Sapphire but I'm open to other ideas too.
su
9 months ago
grasper said:
Yeah, like I could do Steven, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl for sure. And I guess Peridot, Lapis, Jasper, Connie? That leaves 2 more spots though. I guess I could do Ruby and Sapphire but I'm open to other ideas too.

How about Lars and Greg?
spireman
9 months ago
su said:
grasper said:
Yeah, like I could do Steven, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl for sure. And I guess Peridot, Lapis, Jasper, Connie? That leaves 2 more spots though. I guess I could do Ruby and Sapphire but I'm open to other ideas too.

How about Lars and Greg?


Throw in a sug meme in there as well, a tiny indexer somewhere on one of the characters
grasper
9 months ago
Did a quick Lapis: https://image.ibb.co/mT8uvQ/lapisscolor1.jpg

Final will be more cleaned up and probably have some simple shading. Thoughts?
su
9 months ago
grasper said:
Did a quick Lapis: https://image.ibb.co/mT8uvQ/lapisscolor1.jpg

Final will be more cleaned up and probably have some simple shading. Thoughts?

I love it, looks fantastic.
But remember it was to be on .gif with transparency
grasper
9 months ago
The final one will be. :) probably won't be able to work any more on it for the next week or so though.
spireman
9 months ago
grasper said:
Did a quick Lapis: https://image.ibb.co/mT8uvQ/lapisscolor1.jpg

Final will be more cleaned up and probably have some simple shading. Thoughts?


yea I like it as well
spireman
9 months ago
So are we gonna decide on the background color yet? Im getting tired of all white. I was thinking of a dark blue background like the SU wiki has for like either the night sky from the intro, or just space colors in general so its easier on the eyes
spireman
9 months ago
Also this is just a suggestion and up to SU since he's the owner of the booru, I think someone else should also have access to the booru control panel to avoid what happened to the last booru, which was the owner removing all permissions and disappearing leaving the old booru locked forever.
su
9 months ago
spireman said:
So are we gonna decide on the background color yet? Im getting tired of all white. I was thinking of a dark blue background like the SU wiki has for like either the night sky from the intro, or just space colors in general so its easier on the eyes


It's a pain to change the BG color to a dark theme, as you have to change the entire CSS to match the rest of the links.
Here's how it looks with #CCE5FF as the background color, as a test.

spireman said:
Also this is just a suggestion and up to SU since he's the owner of the booru, I think someone else should also have access to the booru control panel to avoid what happened to the last booru, which was the owner removing all permissions and disappearing leaving the old booru locked forever.

I have no problem with that, try getting in.
spireman
9 months ago
su said:
I have no problem with that, try getting in.

I assume I need a pass of sorts? if that is the case do you want me to give you my email to send it?
su
9 months ago
spireman said:
su said:
I have no problem with that, try getting in.

I assume I need a pass of sorts? if that is the case do you want me to give you my email to send it?

Are you sure you can't enter? You are on the same group as me now.
1 2>>>


Reply | New Topic | Help | Forum Index


Want to support us keeping the site ad-free? Check out our patreon!